Just to make sure your brain is still working before finals start, try this short quiz:
1. Hamburgers get their name from the city of Hamburg. True or False?
2. What is a curmudgeon?
3. Does thunder precede or follow a flash of lightning?
4. Where is Sri Lanka?
5. Who wrote, “It’s not that I’m afraid to die. I just don’t want to be there when it happens?”
6. Which breed of dog is also known as a “sausage dog?”
7. How many colors are in a rainbow?
8. Where is the metatarsus?
9. What restaurant chain originated in 1948 in San Bernadino when two brothers named Richard and Maurice created the Speedee Service System?
10. What is a nocturnal African burrowing animal that has a thick set body, a large snout, and donkey-like ears?
How Did You Do?
0-1 You could defnitely use a new brain before finals start.
2-5 Did you go to any classes this semester?
6-8 Taking a few more classes wouldn’t hurt.
9-10 Congratulations! You’ve graduated to the top of your class!
P.S. In case you want to find the answer to any of these questions, please click on the following link: Credo Reference Books
That link will take you to a database that has online reference books which will help you find answers to all kinds of questions.